Rube Goldberg Machine
with a Halloween Twist
Your Challenge is to build a Rube Goldberg Machine with a Halloween Twist
Let’s get started! Your Halloween themed Rube Goldberg Machine must do something at the end. This could be to turn off a light, put candy in a cauldron, make a scary noise. Surprise us with something spooky!
Your Rube Goldberg Machine should include:
- 8 Steps
- 5 Simple Machines
- 3 Energy Transfers in a Chain Reaction
- Name your Machine!
- Have Fun!
- Plan your machine on paper or white board. You need 8 steps that do something spooky at the end.
- Be creative
- Include your simple machines
- Look for how you can incorporate energy transfers (for ex: dominoes release kinetic energy as they knock the next domino and move to the next step. When a marble rolls, its’ gravitational potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. What is the marble rolling down? You guessed it, a simple machine.)
- Does your Rube Goldberg Machine contain a chain reaction? The dictionary says; A chain reaction is a series of events in which each event is the result of the one preceding and the cause of the one following.
- Capture your Rube Goldberg Machine with pics or video. Contact Us to submit.